Friday, October 1, 2010

RE/MAX Kansas City = Phone Spammers


Last week, during dinner, my phone rang. Seeing that the caller was "REMAX KS CITY" and I'm neither buying or selling a house, I let it ring. Instead of a desperate real estate broker, I got some guy reading (badly) a script on behalf of some political candidate into my voicemail. I'm not even going to name the candidate because that's not the point of the offense.

The problem here is making a political call under false pretenses. It's not Remax Kansas City calling, it's a political weasel and that's dishonest. Given the miserable state of residential real estate, why a broker would alienate potential customers is one of those mysteries aren't answered until the company closes.

I gave 'em a chance to apologize via email. They failed. Google says it's "RE/MAX Realty Suburban" and the agent is Paula Maze. So, add 816-777-5441 to your list of blocked numbers because it's the source of spam calls.

No comments: