Saturday, August 21, 2010

FedEx Sucks


I ordered a turntable from Amazon and had it on two-day delivery. Amazon sent it via FedEx. I was out this morning doing errands. When I got home at noon, the FedEx tracking said the package had been delivered and left at my front door. The problem was that there was no package at my front door. I called FedEx and was told the driver would return by 6 pm "to show me where the package had been left". She took my phone number and said he'd call right before his arrival.

At 6:30 pm, having had no driver call or visit, I called again. The new rep told me that the driver had left the package at the wrong house, realized his mistake, went back and got it, then just drove off without leaving it at the right house. Just why he wasn't told to try again, I dunno. The next delivery date would be Tuesday, because Monday is some sort of Holy Day for FedEx where they don't work.

Except I'm on vacation and not around that day. And given that today's driver can't locate a simple address, I have no real confidence that Tuesday's driver won't just leave it in the street, hoping I'll stumble upon it. So back it goes to Amazon.

Just awful service. Let's see ... can't find my house. Delivers to wrong house. Phone rep gives me the wrong information, tells me I have to sit and wait for six hours. Can't be bothered to fix their mistake for another 72 hours. Their tracking site doesn't have accurate information.

Brutally hopeless. There's no chance I'd ever ship anything with them.

No comments: