Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Trip to Springfield


Quick trip to Springfield to watch Mike Montgomery pitch for NW Arkansas vs. Springfield. Easy three hours down there. All credit to the EconoLodge for upgrading me to a better room-the faucet in my first room disintegrated when I first used it. We got the water turned off-and there was a lot of it-and they immediately got me a better room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Some decent donuts and OJ as part of the free breakfast.

While in line to buy a ticket, a nice guy gave me a free pass. I think he's a season ticket holder and this was a thank you gift from management from last season. Saved me a few bucks, which is always nice. Nice staff also. However, their concession prices are what the Chiefs charge here. Too much for the minors. And they need to get rid of all the distractions. Trivia questions while the game's going? Really?

A good trip-aided on the way back by stopping at an orchard near Osceola and buying a whole bunch of peaches and pears right off the trees.

No comments: